Saturday, January 5, 2008

Where is my strength?

When I first sat down to write this blog, I thought "what do I have to say about staying strong? I'm just another wife dealing with deployment and wondering what tomorrow will bring." I actually have sat down here several times to write this blog. It has taken me some time to get some form of an idea in my head. Then I realized what I was doing wrong. All this time I have been trying to write this one myself. I'm not why I can make it from one day to the next. I am not what makes me strong. God is. God gives me strength. God gets me from one day to the next. Psalm 46:1 tells us "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." I have learned in these 4 months since my husband left that I can't do anything on my own. God is there for me. ALWAYS. He's the one who gives me peace. He's the one to gets me out of bed when my kids are fighting and the sun isn't even up yet. I must give all credit to God for my strength. People ask me all the time if I worry about my husband and fear that he wont come home. Well....first of all...that's a stupid question to ask any wife who's husband is at war. Second....I do worry some and of course I have fears. BUT I have a peace about it all. God has promised me that my husband will come home to me. God is protecting him. I pray for him every day. That doesn't mean that deployment is easy. That doesn't mean that I don't have bad days. We are all entitled to have bad days. The other half of my soul is gone for a LONG time....it's only natural to have a bad day occassionally. But I do know that my husband expects me to get up every day and live my life. I talked to him yesterday and he said that getting up every day and taking care of myself and our kids shows him how much I love him. That's what gets me out of bed. When we got a phone call a couple weeks ago that there had been an incident within my husband's battalion, I was at a loss for what to do. I wanted to help him, but I am so far away. I prayed for God to give not only me strength, but him also. He told me when I talked to him again that he knew I was praying for him. He could feel the peace and the strength. God does miraculous things. I wondered before my husband deployed where I'd find the strength to get through this. Now i know....my strength is in God.

written by: Kim

No comments: