Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hitting a wall and Bouncing back

I'm sure you have done this. We all go through it. At some point or another we are all raising our children and taking care of our house while our husband is deployed. Everything is going just fine, we are cruising right along. Then suddenly we run face first into a wall. It doesn't sneak up on us. It hit us full force! We are thinking things are ok and then suddenly we are sad, wondering why he hasn't called, wondering what he's doing. We miss him more than ever. It seems like he'll never get home again. We need some spiritual uplifting. We know God is there for us. We know He cares for us. Psalm 55:22 says "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." That's not Lord as in Lord of the manor or Lord in royal terms. That's LORD as in Master, Savior, Commander of our life! And He's looking out for us! Isn't that just so awesome when you think about it! The Creator of the Universe knows your name and is looking out for you! He wants you to cast your cares on him! He wants you to come to him with your whining and complaining! He wants you to tell him your problems EVERY day! He WANTS to help you! It's amazing isn't it? We have a direct line to the Master and Creator. And he WANTS us to call on him. He LONGS for us to call on him. That always blows me away. January was a very difficult month for me personally. I feel like January was my wall. If it hadn't been for leaning on God and having helpful, listening, caring friends, I would not have made it through. I'm currently reading Hope for the Homefront: Winning the Emotional and Spiritual Battle of a Military Wife. This book (which is also a bible study) has been very helpful to me. It's written by Marshele Carter Waddell, a navy wife of more than 20 years and a mom. She has some wonderful insights on being a military wife, mom, and a Christian all at the same time. You don't have to only be one of these things. God means for us to be wife and mom and still praise and worship him. And He intends to help us with that! God even says he is "A father to the fatherless.......in his holy dwelling". That's a paraphrase of Psalm 68:5. The full verse says "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling". While we are not widows, and pray to never be, and our children are not actually fatherless....deployment makes us fall into these categories. And God is there to fill that void in our lives. All we have to do is call on him! It's not so hard to stop and just say "God...i need you". He already knows you need him...just go to him. He already knows you need some peace and He has plenty to give. Now that February has come and January is gone, I am looking for some peace and I know where to find it.

Written By: Kim

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This touched my heart, Kim! I need to cast my cares on God more than I do. I think I can't do this on my own, well I'm right. I can't do anything without God!

Thanks for reminding me of this!

Dani said...

Wow, thanks for that! I go through the same things and just went through one, I thought, jeesh, God you and I were rockin' what happened! Thanks for reminding me that we are all walkin' this walk and I am not alone!